Goal Setting - 2017 Edition


Happy New Year friends!

Well, we made it to 2017. While lots complained that 2016 was a bust, 2016 was a pretty great year for me and mine, and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2017 is bringing to the table. Some items already in the queue include Wesson turning 1, Ryan turning 30, our 5 year wedding anniversary, and my sister-in-law's wedding!

It's that time of year again, where people make resolutions to do things a little differently with the start of a fresh year. While I've given it a little thought in years past, I've never really stuck with any of my goals, so this year I started writing goals down for 2017. I think this could be a good platform to hold myself accountable with them. Let's take a peek! (These are in no particular order either).

1 // Achieve and Maintain Goal Weight
While this may seem like a superficial goal, I'd really like to get back on track here. I am happy to say that I am back to pre-pregnancy weight, but I wasn't particularly happy with my weight before I got pregnant, so there's that. Maintaining a positive body image is something I've battled with since middle school, probably, and though my goal does have a specific number in mind, I more than that crave to have a positive body image when I look in the mirror. This will take as much mental combat as it will sweat and healthy choices. :)

2 // Daily Quiet Time
I constantly say I'd like to make this a goal, and LORD willing if there's one goal I'm going to accomplish this year, it's going to be this one. My bible study today was diving deeply into where you put your time, efforts, treasure, there your heart will be also, and that the things you invest in most are what you start to mirror. Personally, I'd like to become more like Christ with every breath I've got left. (FYI, I did get my quiet time in today, too! && it was awesome!)


3 // Love my Husband & Son Well
Y'all, marriage is hard. Granted, no one ever said it was going to be easy. Either way, between bills, life, EMT school, Wesson, and daily demands there's always room to improve in our marriage. I want to love Ryan well and support him in every way.

Likewise, I want to be a great mother to Wesson. I know I will fall short, but I want to be all in when we're together and not distracted by everything that tries to steal our time.

4 // Work out 4-5 times per week
Healthy life, y'all! Besides, working out makes me feel good and happy. Endorphins for the win!


5 // Cook at least 4 times per week
It's so easy to get tired and lazy and go for easy. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, and it's much easier to choose healthy options when you're preparing food for yourself. I think this could be a fun adventure, and also give us some staple meals. We need some good ones. Feel free to share your favorites with me!

6 // Tithe
This is something I've been convicted about for many months now. Despite medical bills from Wesson's birth and other life bills, I feel it's so important to do this. It's the Lord's money after all.

7 // Strive to be kind and patient
It's easy to get frustrated with either my kiddos at school, or with Ryan or Wesson after I get home from a long day, but my goal is to strive to have patience and be kind as a first response.

8 // Keep a Clean Home
I've pinned home cleaning guides on Pinterest numerous times and just haven't used them. A clean home makes my heart feel at peace and I want to feel calm and content in my own home. Additionally, I would love to not feel embarrassed about this or that being out of place if someone stops by for any reason unexpectedly or otherwise. This also means purging our home of the things we don't need that are cluttering our home. Less is more, or it can be, right?

Check out my pinned January Purge list here!
Check out my pinned Clean House Guide here!

9 // Be Bold with Hand Lettering
Hand lettering is often my escape, my happy place. For some time now I've waffled with the idea of opening an Etsy shop, but have always been afraid people wouldn't be happy with what they received, etc. This year I hope to be bold in how I share my joy of hand lettering, to be bold with my fonts and try new ones, and to be bold enough to potentially open an Etsy store and see how that can spread joy to others. Check out my Instagram for my latest chalk art.

10 // Be More Intentional with Small Group
I think this one speaks for itself, but I really like the couples in our small group and want to spend more time with them.

11 // Run a Marathon
I've done 3 1/2 Marathons and a Half Ironman, but never a full marathon. I've started training many times and have quickly abandoned the training plan because the long miles seem so daunting. I also don't want training to cut into my time being a good wife and mom. That may sound silly to some, but it is important to me.


12 // Be on Time or Early Places
Ryan has challenged me in this area of my life. I have been better, I think, in the past year, but if I could do this consistently I think my husband, and others, would greatly appreciate it!


What are your 2017 goals? I'd love to help you stay accountable and would love your accountability with mine. :)

Cheers to the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...