{14 Week Bumpdate}

Since releasing the news that we are pregnant I have been excited to do this little segment on my blog... especially because it's been something basically non-existent these days. I'm hoping that blogging about this will keep me motivated to blog more often! Without further ado - the Bumpdates!


14 Week Bumpdate

Size of the baby: Lemon - 3.4 inches. Ryan and I were at Target on Thursday and I held a lemon up to my tummy. It was a little surreal that something that small or large (however you look at it) is in there!

Gender: Currently unknown, but you better believe we are counting down the weeks until we can find out what Baby Nabs will be! It's crazy to think that whatever it is, it's already growing the important female or male anatomy. God is amazing in His creation.

Maternity Clothes: Ryan let me buy 4 things from H&M's maternity brand called MAMA and they arrived yesterday! I got two dresses that will be good for everyday wear or can be dressed up for nicer events like the wedding we're going to in November. Other than that I'm wearing mostly lose fitting shirts which are conveniently in style and stretchy pants, though some of my pre-preggy pants are still fitting especially when I wear my belly band and don't have to button them. :)

Movement: There are times I think I'm feeling something, or I get uncomfortable for a brief moment, but it's still too early to REALLY feel anything. Though, I'm nearly certain as I was leaning over for something in my classroom the other day I got kicked or punched. 

Sleep: 2 weeks ago Ryan bought me a snoogle since you're technically not supposed to sleep on your back after the 1st trimester. I'm still getting used to practically having a 3rd person in the bed with us, and this week I've noticed that I wake up somehow on my back, but I think it'll get more and more comfortable as I expand. I had my first weird dream last night, and had my first dream about the sex of our baby. Conveniently Ryan had a dream about the sex of our baby. Unfortunately, his was a girl and mine was a boy. Lucky for us, one of us will be right!
[Snoogle]

Missing: The only thing I'm really missing is raw fish like in sushi, but since I can have sushi that doesn't contain that (and there is actually quite a bit of that!) I don't really miss it.

Craving: I haven't really had cravings, mainly aversions. I have had some things that have sounded pretty dang good like curried deviled eggs from Sissy's Southern Kitchen, and my mom's potato salad, but nothing that I had to have or I would die.

Symptoms: Still having a morning sickness periodically even though I'm taking medicine at night to try to put those symptoms at bay. Otherwise feeling great and way more energized than the first trimester.

Ryan is: still really excited that we are pregnant and anxious to find out the sex of the baby.

Looking forward to: finding out what our little love bug is: boy or girl! Cast your votes now. :) Also looking forward to feeling movement in the next few weeks and sharing that joy with Ry. 

Best Moments: Most nights Ryan tucks me in because I go to sleep pretty early these days and he kisses me then the baby, aka my belly, goodnight. It is so stinking sweet.

These weeks seem to be flying by! I can't believe we're already in the 2nd trimester. Thank you for all the support we've received over the past few weeks. We are so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...