{Summer Account}

Hey there, little space and friends!

As I usually say when I've abandoned this space for some time, I have been pretty busy these 34 days of summer. You can give Ryan a big round of applause for making me even glance in the direction of my blog since this past weekend he mentioned I've been pretty MIA from my blog.


34 days of summer have elapsed. 34! Surely it has to be more than that! Nonetheless, it has been quite a whirlwind of a summer so far. Here's what I've been up to as of late.

1 // Summer School
Back when I blogged somewhat regularly, I told you I would be teaching summer school with 1st graders at my new school. While this has caused it not to really feel fully like a summer for me, I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to get reacquainted with my childhood elementary, meeting new people on the staff (some of which will be there in the fall), getting out of my comfort zone teaching 1st grade, and slowly, very slowly, moving things into my classroom since I am in the classroom I will be teaching in in the fall.

I blogged here about being sad about leaving my old school because the staff was incredible. Heck, it brought me one of my new best friends! The LORD has been there, as always, and gave me some new friends the very first day of training. One teacher and I have particularly clicked, and have been nearly inseparable at school since. She is quite tenured in teaching and I have already learned so much from her in our short time together. I felt instantly close to her, like I could share so much of my life (love, struggles, joys, concerns, prayer requests) with her because she was very upfront about being a God-fearing woman. I am so grateful the LORD brought me her friendship. HE is so good! Ryan, of course, just laughed and gave me a good old "told you so".

Summer School has had its own rollercoaster to deal with the past few days. I started with 14 kiddos, one of the largest summer school classes school wide, as I was the only 1st Grade General Education (aka non-bilingual) teacher assigned. However, this past week it was brought to our attention that many (more than half) the students at summer school did not meet the parameters to attend summer school. That being, they HAD to fail 2 core classes (math/reading) this prior school year.

So long are the days of sending a child to summer school for extra help over the summer, of parents getting their kids extra prepared for the next grade, etc. So long as the state is paying for it anyway. That was the problem. C'est la vie. We now only have 4 days of summer school remaining as it's only Monday-Thursday, and my class size has shrunken to 3 students. We're going to have a lot of fun, and I'll be having even MORE fun when summer school is OVER. I am looking forward to the break because the day after I'll be leaving for a week long vacation to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!!!!


2 // Swim Team
In addition to summer school, my friend Jasmine asked me if I would be interested in helping her coach a neighborhood swim team this summer. I was so excited when she I asked and said yes immediately! It has been such a blast working with kids between the ages of 4 and 13. They have improved so much in the short time we've been working (about 7 weeks) and they are all so fun to be around. Plus, it's SO FUN to coach with one of my FAVORITE people! There are some kiddos in particular I basically want to take home with me, but apparently that's frowned upon.

GO PIRANHAS!

3 // BvB Dallas
Finally, my Sundays have been dedicated to the Bru' Crew. What's that you ask? That would be the Brunette powder puff football team I've joined this summer with BvB Dallas. Our goal is to raise money to help Tackle Alzheimers Disease and ultimately put an end to it. We each had goals of $1,000 and I am proud to say I've reached my goal, but PLEASE DON'T hesitate to help me raise more by clicking here! DONATE TODAY!

Every Sunday the Bru' Crew practices, and it has been a total blast. I forgot how much I love flag football. I haven't played since my Baylor Bear Intramural days, and obviously that's too long. I've also really enjoyed meeting some new friends. A teacher from my old school is playing too, so that's really fun! We're on Offense together! The game is August 8th, and that is quickly approaching. We get to play at the Cotton Bowl, so if you want in on the action don't delay on getting a ticket by donating $25 on my page. I can't wait to crush Team Blonde! :)


That's the majority of my summer craziness, but I do have a few fun things coming up soon!

Upcoming Awesomeness:
- July 16: Summer School OVER and LAST swim meet for me!
- July 17-24: Family Vacation with the Nabors in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- First Weekend in August: Visit to Waco to see my besties!
- August 8: BvB Dallas Game Day - Bru' Crew vs Team Blonde

The husband is flagging me down that it's time to go play kickball. Hope y'all are having a great summer! I sure am!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having an awesome summer. Can't wait to see hear about your next adventure. Miss your smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...