{Sunday Sweats: 4/20-4/25}

Happy Sunday all!

I am so excited to start this today, and excited that it's been such a full week!

Monday // Power Barre
Went to my first Power Barre class with Lo and was hooked.  I looked like a fool at times, but sweated like a beast and am floored to go back tomorrow!

Tuesday // Yoga
Tuesday I started Erin Motz's 30 Day Yoga Challenge and love it.  The quick workouts have been good to help my body work different muscles, and stretch out from my runs.  I can already feel my body tightening up in places and look forward to hopefully seeing a nice transformation.  Now I know why so many people say yoga is so good for your body.

Wednesday // Running, Walking, & Yoga
Took Jetta Belle out for a lovely 3 mile run, then grabbed Oakley Mae and Ry and headed out for another mile walk.  Whichever girl doesn't get to go on the run whines the whole time so it's only fair that I pick her up and go for a walk with my girls, and sometimes Ry, after I've done work with my run.  Started out strong, but had a little pain in the ankle in the last mile.  After walking I did some yoga for chest and shoulders.

Thursday // Yoga
We were supposed to have kickball Thursday night, but with all the gross rain we've had lately it was canceled.  Luckily, I did a little posture work through this yoga day which I desperately need.  I've always been a bit of a sloucher, so I am grateful to have something targeting my posture.  Y'all, it's so doable and my hammies are tight, tight, tight from running.  Anyone can do these workouts!

Friday // Yoga
After a long work week and the crappy, crappy weather, running was not on my agenda, but I did decide to do some ab yoga this day and practice my crow posture.  The ab workout was seriously hard, but Erin is very encouraging the whole way, and the entire workout was only 15 minutes.  I fell nearly a dozen times trying to capture the photo, but it was worth a laugh and I'm getting stronger, so that's a win all around!

Saturday // Running, Walking, & Yoga
Took Oakley Mae out for a quick one miler, picked Jetta Belle up for another .75 of a mile, and then cranked out a core strength yoga work out.  My ankle was still bothering me quite a bit, but it felt good to run in the sun with my girls.  I'd say it was a successful day!

Peaks
I started the yoga challenge and have yet to miss a day, which is unlike me.  I thought I wouldn't enjoy yoga, but I am already noticing the affects it is having on my body, and I can't wait to see if any body transformation is in store a result.  In the past I thought if I didn't get a good sweat going I wasn't doing anything significant, but yoga is NO JOKE!

Pits
I am sore, sore, sore.  Hopefully, I'll push past the soreness and my body will start to become comfortable in the discomfort.  My rolled ankle proved to be a bit of a problem this week with running.  I hope with the ice and rest I used this week that I'll be back to normal for this weeks runs.  I'm hoping to tackle a 5 miler this week if the sun ever decides to shine this upcoming week!

I am also feeling a little sluggish despite all my workouts this week as I don't really have something to train for.  I need to pick a sprint or olympic distance triathlon to train for for this summer in Texas.  Preferably something local since Ry won't have the luxury of being off and thus has limited time off.


I think next week I'll start tracking my weight loss, but I am excited to see where this new journey takes me.  What keeps you motivated when your body says ouch?

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I started Erin's yoga challenge last week, too, and I love it!! Seems like we are at the same spot on it which is great to have someone else to encourage along the way. Sorry about your ankle giving you some issues but I hope it will get better soon so you can get back to running! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--I was just reading through some of your pages to get to know you and saw that your husband's parents are DOC pastors! I've belonged to a DOC church my whole life!!! I am so excited right now, haha. It's just a smaller denomination that not many people know about so I get really excited whenever I hear about or meet others with the same denomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, yoga will only improve your running! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. It's definitely challenging in a different way than anything else I've ever done - just goes to show that you don't have to break a sweat to get a workout. I can't wait to hear more about whatever race you end up deciding on this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...