{Teacher Tuesday - 2nd Grade Faith}

Happy Tuesday, friends!  It's my favorite day of the blog week so thanks for stopping by!

After becoming a teacher, I know this to be true.

I have heard kids say pretty hilarious and heart-warming things long before my life as Mrs. Nabors, 2nd Grade corral-er ever came to fruition.  These days, though, these moments are pretty constant, and in case you were wondering... I LOVE IT.

Often I have to look around my classroom to see if I am, in fact, the only adult that just heard the ridiculous uttering from the goofy seven year old mouth it came out of.  Here are some of my favorites as of late:
Student 1: "It's already January 9th?  Time is going fast now!"
Student 2: "Yeah, it's because of the weather."
---
Mrs. Nabors: "I'm going to hand out your next activity, so when you get finished you may begin on it.  Don't worry if you are not finished with your current activity just yet.  You still have 5 minutes left."
Student (who wasn't listening): As I hand the paper to him, "Mrs. Nabors, this is not a good time."
Mrs. Nabors: "What?"
Student: "I am not finished with Number of the Day yet.  This is not a good time for that paper."
Mrs. Nabors: "Well, you see, I told you I was just going to give it to you so if you finished you could start working on it, but not to worry because you still have 5 minutes to complete Number of the Day."
Student: "Oh, well in that case, it's a good time for that paper."
---
After dropping my kids off at Computer Specials I came back to find one student laying on the floor in my room. (In my defense, the computer lab is RIGHT across the hall from my classroom so he just snuck back in there).
Mrs. Nabors: "Hey there, whatcha doin' on the floor?"
Student: "Yeah, I'm not going to computers today."
Mrs. Nabors: "Umm, yes you are."
Student: "Yes ma'am."

The funny moments are great, but it's the heartwarming and humbling ones I think I love most. That's what I'd like to talk about today. :)

Before Christmas, I showed my kids Ryan's and my first dance as husband and wife.  My kids thought it was awesome!  They proceeded to "ooh" and "ahh" and comment on their favorite moves, and then began to comment on my dress, hair, etc.  They said I looked beautiful, and then made a comment about how tiny I looked.  I said something to the extent of, "yeah, and then Mrs. Nabors got a little fatter".  Naturally, they all shouted, "Nooooo!  You're not fat!"  (If you're ever needing a self-esteem boost, stop on by.  Seriously, these kids love to pump you up!)

As we were transitioning to something else, one of my sweet girls came over to me and said something that caught me severely off guard.  She said, "Mrs. Nabors, my mommy said that we should never criticize our body because God is just letting us borrow it while we're here and when we say something bad about it we hurt His feelings."  Cue jaw on the floor.  I was beyond humbled.

Since hearing my student say that, I have really considered the things that come out of my mouth regarding my body.  She is 100% right.  I have no right to criticize the body the LORD has blessed me with.  If I want to change it physically by being more fit, that's one thing.  I challenge you to think about that the next time you say something that criticizes the LORD's handiwork.  After all, we were made in his image. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...