{Why I Find Doing Things to my Car Unpleasant}

As I sit here waiting for my tires to be replaced, I am reminded why I dread having to do anything, and I mean anything, to my car.  I am not of the mindset that believes that because I am a woman, car places are out there to dupe me, but it definitely gets me thinking.  I have been taken advantage of more times than I can count when it comes to situations involving my car.

There is no denying I know close to nothing about anything car related, unless you count batteries as I worked in the car battery business for almost 3 years.  That being said, I still know next to nothing about even that.  (Yes, it's incredibly sad, I know.  Come on T, you worked at a freaking battery company and you know nothing.  How embarrassing.)

I have been needing to get my tires changed for far too long now, and with my longer commute it seemed like a good time to do so.  Plus, Papa McD was generous to check my tires and chip in some money for the replacement tires.  Thank goodness, because tires are EXPENSIVE!  I walked in and immediately knew I was out of my element.  I had no idea what I need to buy, what the best bang for my buck was in regards to the mileage on my car, etc., etc., etc.

Not that I don't trust the car guys, but... well scratch that.  I don't trust the car guys.  While I think I got the best deal going with a buy 3, get 1 free, and would not allow them to even think I was interested in the additional bonus money back if I opened a credit card, I was totally at a loss for what I truly needed.  Besides that, it wasn't just tires I had to buy.  I then had to get alignment, and installation, and on and on.  How's a girl to know what is really necessary in these situations?

Now, I know I could solve this problem by YouTubing a video, reading a for Dummies book, or actually getting under the hood and having my hubby explain things to me, but frankly, I don't want to.  I don't have any interest in doing that.

So, really this post was pointless since I'm basically just saying I feel like I'm getting duped into buying more things I don't need.  But, you will be proud...  There was something wrong with something, let's go with a Friends moment and call it the tire's outer phalange, making it slightly wobble and not give a true alignment, and for another $300 something I could have it give me a true outer alignment, but come on yo, I just dropped quite a chunk of change on these new tires o' mine, and I realllllly don't want to spend any more money on them.  So what if they wobble a teeny bit?  Is that bad?  Probably.

Then again, I've been driving around on nearly bald tires for the last several months.  What's the worst that could happen?  *Knock on wood.*

1 comment:

  1. Augh! I know the feeling! I'm SO thankful Nate takes care of all the car stuff for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...