{Welcoming Fall}


Let me just preface by saying I know us Texans don't truly get to experience the entire beauty of fall.  We take what bits and pieces we can get in the city, and try to sneak off the beaten path to engulf ourselves in burnt orange, rust, and gold.  Regardless, I too am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.

As we welcomed the first day of fall today, and delighted in the slightly cooler weather, I was reminded why I love fall so much.  Like any season, there are things to look forward to, but I can't help and be excited for this fall.  I just have a feeling it's going to be a good one.

I have already indulged in my first fall run, and took both border collies on a separate 1.20 mile run tonight.  I'm sure people on the trail had to do a double take as I trotted along with two different dogs and passed several familiar faces as we ran.

Among other things, fall feels like a wonderful settling in time of the year.  Things are certainly changing, like the weather and trees, but people seem lighthearted and cheerful this time of year.  Fall, for me, is a time of refreshment, and not in the renewal type feeling Spring has, but more of a comforting rhythm of life.  With so much loss and heartache the past month, I am eager for a comforting, cozy place to rest our busy lives, and hungry for a time to be renewed by the LORD and reminded of what I am most thankful for, a God who loves greatly and never fails.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to this fall:

Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Dallas 1/2 Marathon Training
Running with Border Collies (and hopefully my handsome husband!) - there is nothing better than running with a dog!
Patio enjoying
Fireplace making
Leaves falling
Sweaters
Boots
Baylor Football
Baylor Homecoming
Chi Omega Besties Reunited
The start of Christmas shopping
Pumpkin Carving
Halloween Partying
Community Group Joining
Quiet times in the crisp, cool air
Wine on the patio
Lakeside sunsets
The State Fair of Texas
... and so much more!

What are you looking forward to this fall?

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...