{Wednesday's Words - Lessons}

Happy (late) Wednesday, friends!

I am happy to report I have officially survived my first three days of school and even happier to report today that I left school well before 8:00 pm tonight.  I know, I know, ridiculous, but I'm celebrating small victories these days. :)  They are encouragement for the larger haul.

I was invited to participate in a link-up with Martha Kate and Jenni that happens to be starting today!  Please join us and share your thoughts about things the Lord is teaching you.  I can't wait to see what this community of believers develops into.
Wednesday's Words
I was raised in the church, went through Confirmation in 7th grade, the whole shabang, but truly believe I took ownership of, and responsibility for, my relationship with Christ the summer after my freshman year of high school with the beautiful Colorado mountains in the background and a sky packed with stars at Young Life camp.  I wouldn't trade any of that for the world.

If you want to know a little more about me personally, check out the about me tab (which I hope to revamp soon)!

Today, I'd like to talk about what the Lord has been teaching me, especially in my new career.  I can't tell you how long I have prayed for patience.  I have often struggled with being more patient with total strangers than my own loved ones.  Sometimes I feel like I don't have to be as patient with my friends, spouse, or husband because they know the real me and don't always have to have my best, or some lie like that.

Well, that prayer for opportunities to grow and develop my patience has been answered to the tune of 14 7 and 8 year olds Monday-Friday.  With three full days under my belt, one of which was down right awful, I have had a plethora of times to demonstrate patience.  Though my days have been long, and I've been sleeping like a rock at night, I really do feel like I come home and have a little more patience to share with the border collies and Ryan each day.  If the Lord can help me demonstrate patience with 14 2nd graders, he's clearly telling me there's no excuse for not carrying that level of excellence home with me.

What a wake up call!

I'm also learning to love kids, and people, for who they are.  I can't control what goes on in my student's home, but I can control what happens in our classroom.  In fact, I'm solely in control of what my classroom behavior, structure, layout, and feel are like.  It's pretty neat to be in control of my room and my kids, but it's a lot of pressure, and I don't take it lightly.  My kids, like every child in our school, deserve the best.  I am honored to strive for nothing for excellence for them, and to spend 7 hours each day getting to know them, helping them become better students and individuals, and helping mold them into contributing members of society.

Though each one has undoubtedly tested me, and my patience, I am loving the little personalities these babes have.  Looks like my kids aren't the only ones learning lessons these days.

What has the Lord been teaching you lately?  Have any of your long time prayer requests been answered?

3 comments:

  1. I can absolutely relate to what the Lord is teaching you about patience right now! I just started a nanny job to (only) two sweet little girls and with any child, patience is key. And it's hard. Especially when you have 14 of them!

    I'm also learning to really love and appreciate kids and how they view this big world. It's too sweet. It's definitely something that I am excited to grow in. Also excited to see how the Lord will continue to grow you. Excited to "meet" a new blogging friend through Wednesday's Words!

    blessings xoxo

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful calling to teach! I know God will be using you in a mighty way in the lives of your students. So great to "meet" you through the linkup. Hope you are having a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too struggle with being more patient with complete strangers than the ones I love! I absolutely love how you said you can't control what goes on in your students home, but you can control what goes on in the classroom! Love this attitude and outlook! Thank you so much for linking up with us! I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...