{5 Things I'm Great At}

I know this post may seem a little pompous, but let me just say it's good to pump yourself up sometimes and remind yourself how awesome you are.  Life can be discouraging sometimes, and there's nothing wrong with a little self love.  Am I right?  If not, I'm sorry you think I'm an egocentric being.  I'm not, and I strive to be very humble, but girl's gotta do a little ego stroking every now and then.  Try it!  It's actually harder than you think, unless you're just insanely studly and do everything awesome... which I'm sure you do and this should be easy as pie for you!

1 // Encouragement
I love to encourage others.  Seriously.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  When I'm not running and am cheering friends or family on at races, I'm the girl that will encourage all the other rando runners.  If I can see your name on your bib, even better.  You know I'm going to call your name!

I'm also a huge fan of encouraging kids.  This is one of the reasons I went into teaching.

I may not always know how to fix your problem but I can definitely remind you of your worth, and you're worth more than gold!

Sometimes this comes in the form of a handwritten note which is also one of my favorite things to do. 

2 // Gift Giving
I like to think I am an excellent gift giver.  I put a lot of time and thought into the gifts I give and strive to make them really personalized.  I don't give gifts just because you have to, but because it brings me tremendous joy to see you beam with excitement over something I've made you or purchased for you. 

3 // Smiling
Like Buddy the Elf, smiling is my favorite. Smiling and joy are contagious, so why not share a smile with those you love and those you don't know. You never know who's day you could improve just by offering some kindness and a smile.

4 // Remembering Names
I would like to thank my Dad for passing on this handy skill. I may have to think about it for a minute or two if it's been quite a while, but eventually if not within the next day it'll come back to me.

That doesn't mean I don't have to try. Sometimes I ask people two or three times before I really have it down, but I try to get names down quickly. Hopefully this will fair me well in my teaching. 

5 // Meeting New People
I usually know no stranger, though there have been a few times where I've been off my game.  In general, I love meeting new people!  I love hearing about where people are from, making connections, learning about different cultures, sharing similarities, learning from differences, and genuinely investing in people.  LOVE IT!

Your turn! What are you REALLLY great at? Let me know in the comments below! Happy Wednesday (I'm smiling while I type that)!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love this :) I love that you're an encourager! I am too and really like to receive it (as weird as that sounds). It's my love language. Love that you remember names too. Great qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely verify that you are an encourager - the comment you left me today meant SO much! Yay for celebrating what you love about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a professor who told me that remembering names was one of the most important things in life. I'm continually working on that one!
    It's a good list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...