{Transitioning: New Goals}


Ever since I watched Black Fish about a month ago I've been obsessed with keeping our whale friends safe and trying to figure out what I can do to help whales like Tilikum in Sea World and other marine habitats, so this just about made my day...

... as did this tank.  Obviously I need it.  Oh, and if anyone can get me a job saving orcas please hollaatchagirl.

ALSO IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!  YAY!!!!!!  and here we go..

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I ran the Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 Texas!  I'm not going to lie, it's been pretty nice to do whatever I want as far as my workouts go since the training ended.  Part of me is a little sad though, because I function really well on a set schedule.  The lack of schedule has given me the freedom to go to some classes I've been itching to try like Cardio Fit Gymnastics aka adult gymnastics where I have been able to get my tumble on, and yoga to stretch my body out - my hammies are tight.  I've also been able to really enjoy my runs because I don't have to run a set distance.  While I try to make sure I go at least 3 miles, I run because it feels good and go as far as my legs are willing to carry me that day, and I don't stress when 3 miles is all I really feel like running.

However, it's time to get out of transition and back in the saddle.  *Badumching!*  Bike joke. :)  I've been mapping out my goals over the next couple of months, with more flexibility since it's fun to go to adult gymnastics... even though I'm no Aly Raisman.  I hear tumbling gives you abs...  When I get better I'll have to have someone record it so I can prove to y'all I can still do some flips. :)


Current Goals:
July - Tri-Waco Sprint or Olympic (haven't totally decided yet - might just sprint and keep it light) - Ryan and his bestie said they'd join me for this one!!  Fingers crossed they are really committed!

September - Old College Tri - Denton, TX - haven't 100% committed yet, but I want to do a tri in September and October.
*There's a half in Kerville on September 27th.  Should I go for it?*

October - Monster Denton Tri or should I go for the big kahuna Ironman 70.3 Austin?

December - Dallas Marathon 2014

May 2015 - Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas - yes, the big boy, 140.6 miles of awesome.

What do y'all think?  Interested in training with?  Come on!

What are your goals for the year?  How long do you give yourself to transition from one event to the next?

Happy Thursday friends.

1 comment:

  1. Good. Freaking. Grief. Girl, you are crazy! haha. Beast mode for real on your races and such. I'm debating signing up for the Dallas half. I'm just worried it's going to be too cold... I don't know. Also, that first picture of the whale = hilarious! haha. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...