{Runners Tell All: Race Picture}

Happy Wednesday friends!


I'm linking up with my favorites, Amanda from The Lady Okie and Beka from Sunshine to the Square Inch, in the Runners Tell All Link Up!


Today we're sharing our favorite race photos and our most awkward race photos.  Since I'm so proud of my latest accomplishment, of course, I'm going to share my Ironman 70.3 Texas photos with you!

This is obviously my favorite race photo!

I can't wait for next month's topic where I get to talk about my proudest race moment.  My emotions get all wonky when I talk about this race, and I'm fairly certain the beaming pride I feel is actually exuding from my entire body as I tell people about it.  I feel like I'm glowing with pride perhaps like this....

 Is that weird?  Certainly I can't be alone in this feeling.  I digress, we'll discuss next month. :)

And now, on to the gems.  The crem de la awkward.

I was so excited to see my family and husband that I just started talking to them.  What a pick me up (!) and awkward photo, haha.

Yep, even the finger over the camera lens here is awkward.  I believe I was asking where my Dad was, but this beauty was captured.  And apparently I didn't get the memo about lifting my legs when I run since it appears I am walking, though I promise I was running/jogging.

There is a professional photo on my bike where I am clearly going to blow my nose, but a) I would mortify my husband if I posted that, and b) I didn't buy the photo because naturally it's not the most glamorous picture of me and so I don't want to rip off the photography crew.

As I've competed in more races, I've tried to be aware of the photographers when I see them and to try and look cute when I pass them.  Sometimes there are awesome successes, like getting a Sic'em in while you run or bike, and then there are failures like the ugh face or trying to blow your nose.

Join the conversation!  YOU ARE A RUNNER regardless of the distance.

9 comments:

  1. So amazed by you and your 70.3! I was planning on my first being next month, but I got so burnt out on training after running 2 marathons earlier this year that (after a full-on mid-training meltdown) I decided to put that goal on the backburner for now. I really want my first one to be an official Ironman brand, and the one I was going to do is Rev3, so I have my sights on Raleigh 70.3 next June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check you out Tracy!!! I am so on board with wanting it to be Ironman branded. There's something really neat about that community of people. :) Come join the clan!!! I'm going to try to do Ironman 140.6 Texas next May. We can be training blog buddies!!

      Delete
    2. I have NO idea why it's so important to me for it to be Ironman branded (honestly I DO love good branding, and there's just something about that M dot! ;)). So when I was planning on doing Rev3 (my fall-back plan since IM Raleigh 70.3 had already sold out), I was a little bummed! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and looking forward to following along on your journey! Hearing those 4 words is a life goal of mine...just not sure how soon it will happen :P

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm here via the link-up. Congrats on your 70.3! That is such an awesome accomplishment. I had to giggle about you blowing-your-nose photo because I had a similar one from my first half marathon that I decided not to buy, for obvious reasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, glad someone can share in my unfortunate moments caught on camera. Come on photographers! Give the ladies some privacy if it looks like they're trying to breath easier.

      Delete
  3. Ah-mazing. I'm not sure I will ever aspire to Iron(wo)man but I'm totally inspired by those who do!!! It must just be the most gruelling race of life. I love race pictures because you know your family is just trying to capture you and talk to you all at once! Awesome! And lovely to meet you through the link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally try and look like a pro and smile when I'm running by the cameras =)! You did an ironman? That's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are superwoman! There is NO WAY I could do an ironman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already excited about your post next month. HARDCORE. I totally know the feeling of beaming with pride, though. No shame ;) haha. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...