{My Running Story}

Woohoo!  A chance to tell you about my running story and read about other's running stories.  I am totally down.  I love reading about people's awesome athleticism and meet other people with desires to push themselves.

I'll be linking up with The Lady Okie, Sunshine to the Square Inch, and others in the "Runners Tell All" link up!

Here goes nothing: (my word count starts now right?)
I love sports.  Always have, always will.  I enjoy the adrenaline, the challenge, the winning… and the losing… but mostly the winning.  Haha, kidding.

I like challenging myself to do different things.  I think this stems from my Dad’s having completed the Ironman race in Kona.  Maybe it’s a girl looking up to her Dad and wanting to be like him, but Kona is definitely on my bucket list.

After college, I bought a bike (my first big girl purchase!), and decided to bike the MS150 race 5-6 months later with friends.  After the race I asked my friend Ashley who was just beginning her training for the White Rock Marathon about running, why she did it, and if she loved it.  She told me her story and asked if I had any desire to do a Half Marathon.  I said yes, she wrote me a training plan, and I signed up for the White Rock Half.

{Ashley and I have done a few races together.  This is during our Half Marathon relay last year where she was several months pregnant and still faster than me on some splits!}
Despite race day being rainy and frigid, I ran hard and finished strong.  I signed up for my second half, scheduled for three months later, less than a month later.


Today I still love running.  I enjoy it more than I used too, and I am proud to see improvement each time I run.  I am still getting faster and stronger, and it’s neat to be able to track that.

I want to do a marathon eventually, but it’s not my #1 priority today.  Today my focus is on finishing my Half Ironman.

------------------------------

Woohoo!  I did it!  250 words on the money!  In other news, in 3 days my love and I will be shoop shoop shooping down the mountainside in Keystone with our friends!  This will be our first week-long trip since our honeymoon and we.can't.wait!!!!


To prepare for our adventure I have been singing all songs from FROZEN... which I am obsessed with, by the way.



Happy Thursday, friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun on your vacation! :) Thanks for linking up. That is SO hard core of your dad to do an Ironman! I can't even imagine. Way to go on your halfs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great running story. I'd love to hear how your half ironman goes. I always thought those would be fun but haven't been brave enough yet to sign up =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beka, do it!!! You won't regret it. I think it's really fun to mix up the sports and not do everything every day. I looked at doing a marathon before I committed to this, and the runs just look gruesome and you ran every.single.day. Haha, I know I'm still working out every day, but I enjoy the sport change. :) I'll keep you posted. Thanks for doing this Link Up! I love y'all!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...