{That's a Fact... or 20}

Happy 2nd of January friends!

I'm loving seeing blog posts about New Year's Resolutions, monthly goals, things they hope to accomplish next year, DIYs, etc.  Keep them coming! :)  Kelsie at Running A Thousand Miles broke her goals for the year into monthly ones to keep them fresh and exciting.  Maybe I should do that.  Sure seems like a much more attainable way to get things accomplished!  I did briefly mention the things I'm looking forward to in 2014 here, but I think I'm going to break them into months like she did, too!

In sticking with my first goal for the month of January, today is the second day of my 30 day blogging challenge.  Feel free to join in on the fun if you're interested.  Yesterday I told you where NewlyNabors came from.  Today it's time to learn 20 facts about me (and maybe the NewlyNabors as a couple)!


1. I go by my middle name, Taylor.  Always have, and that was always the plan so say Mama and Papa McD.  In fact, I was going to be Taylor whether or not I was a boy or girl!

2. My Dad completed the Ironman in Kona before I was born.  He's an athletic stud, and I'd like to thank him for my athleticism, drive, and goal setting.  (Sorry Mama McD, you gave me lots of wonderful traits, but I think most of my athleticism is from Papa McD.)

3. My favorite color is glitter, or blue, or yellow, but maybe glitter.  Haha, just kidding.  I do love sparkles, but I think blue or yellow would be my favorite colors since they're happy!  I really love any color that's bright and happy.

4. I am Texas born and raised, and have never lived in another state. The stars at night are big and bright, DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!



5. I am a passionate believer in Jesus Christ my Savior!  I am thankful that my loving Father sent His son to die for my sins.  Grace abounds, y'all.  Feel free to ask me about my sweet Jesus anytime!


6. I love to doodle!  On everything, anything, and all in between.  Whether it's typography, flowers, swirls or the like I doodle as often as I can.  I often doodle my quiet time with the LORD as well.  Try it sometime!

7. I am obsessed with Lululemon Run Inspire Crops.  They are heaven in pants.  Hands down the most comfortable piece of workout gear or clothing I have.  I have 3 pairs of Run Inspire Crops and 1 pair of Wunder Under crops (Special thanks to Mama McD and Twink for adding to my collection of Lululemon this Christmas!!).  Sadly, I still have to ration my wearing of the crops otherwise I'm doing crop laundry every other day.  If we won the lottery I would buy at least 10 pair more so I wouldn't have to be so stingy with rationing them.



I'm also fairly certain they make me faster.  So does neon.

8. I am a proud Baylor University alumni!  Though our debut at the Fiesta Bowl was not, I'm sure, what any of us hoped for I am proud of the season Baylor had!  SIC'EM BEARS!


9. My favorite shoes are my cowboy boots.  I have this cute little pair of simple brown boots that have been resoled two or three times now, and are the comfiest shoes I own.  (However, my new pair of Uggs might be in the running for comfiest pair of shoes now...)  I also have a pair of black boots that are finally broken in after several years of getting blisters and sliding around.  Breaking in a pair of boots is somewhat of a right of passage, but when they're finally broken in they're sweet as can be.

10. I am a fruit fanatic.  Bananas, kiwi, watermelon, mangoes (except they're tricky to peel without making a huge mess!), strawberries, grapes, raspberries, recently blackberries (if they aren't tart), apple, oranges, honeydew, cantaloupe, and on and on.  Oh, and add some delicious Nutella for dipping and I'd never eat another thing.  I think I could survive on a mostly fruit diet, and though I don't particularly care to I could definitely up my intake of fruit.  It's the dang cutting, peeling, nonsense I don't always want to do.  #lazy

11. 10 Things I Hate About You is potentially my favorite movie.  I have a hard time nailing down favorite things as you can see above with the color selection, but this is definitely a top 3 selection.  This film was based on Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" and won my heart immediately.  So witty, so clever, so still my favorite.  "I know you can be overwhelmed, and I know you can be underwhelmed, but can you just be whelmed?"  Heath Ledger can sing "I love you baby" to me anytime!  Oh, wait... he can't.  Moving on...

"I hate the way that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call.  But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you, not even a little bit, not even at all."

12. Besa's baked ziti is the best baked ziti on the face of the planet.  No one does it like they do.  Wow, I'm drooling as I write this.  #obsessed

13. I have become quite a fan of dipping sauces since dating and marrying my handsome husband.  I used to spit on dipping sauces that weren't gravy or ketchup, but since have opened myself up to love things like Cane's sauce, ranch as a dipping option (especially when dipping Chili's chips and salsa!), In 'N Out's animal style sauce, and on and on.

14. I have also learned to like spicier foods in the past 6 years of being with Ryan.  What can I say?  He brings out the best in me? :)  In general, Ryan has helped me open up to trying lots of new things.  I don't think I ever would have tried curry and then I would be missing out on one of my favorite Thai dishes Khao Soi!  This year I also tried Indian food.  Never thought I'd do that!

15. If adult competitive cheerleading was less expensive I would do competitive cheerleading as a hobby.  That's right... 25 is not too old to be flipping, stunting, jumping, tumbling, cheering.  I don't care what you say.  I love it.  Oh, how I wish I had cheered in college.



16. I do not like mustard.  At all.  Not even a little bit.  Unless it's hardly noticeable like in deviled eggs, or other things with minimal mustard that I like. :)

17. Marrying my best friend has proved to be the best decision of my entire life.  Obviously.  He's athletic, smart, a Godly man, and did I mention he's hot?


18. I got my rook pierced in Spain with my best friend who was living there at the time.  It hurt like the friggin' devil, and there's a very real possibility I had to lay down in the piercing parlor because I got lightheaded and thought I might pass out, while my redheaded friend tried to explain in Spanish that I was fine and just feeling light headed.  #wuss  Mine rejected from poor placement on my part, poohoohoo, but she still has hers and it's sweet.  Next piercing?  Ryan's probably rolling his eyes reading this.

Just looking at this picture makes me cringe.  Ouch it hurt!

19. Training for this triathlon, among other things I have trained for, remind me that your "breaking point" doesn't have to be your breaking point.  This is most often revealed to me through encouragement from others.  Tonight at spin we were doing some really tough intervals.  The trainer, Ben, is training for an Ironman this year and was talking about it before class, so I told him I was training for the Half in Galveston.  Well, naturally, he worked with me the whole time.  I was the newbee in class AND I had told him I was training for that.  Having been a race he did first in 2011 he pushed me.

During the intervals I thought about quitting.  Really, really thought about quitting.  They sucked.  Ben talked to me during the intervals about what I had for lunch, who I was training with, was it my first triahtlon, etc.  In the past I've had coaches use this as a distraction for me taking my focus off of how much what I'm doing currently sucks and pushing through.  Naturally, I thought this is what he was doing to me.  Turns out I was supposed to be working so hard I couldn't talk.  Don't for one second think I was just rambling on and on and on about this, that, and the other (I was definitely gulping for air), but again I thought it was the distract technique.  Next time I'll be ready. :)

But, back on track, I'd like to take what I was reminded of and use these techniques when I'm training alone.  If a hill is getting me down, I hope I am able to enjoy my scenery, say a prayer, sing to myself, anything but focus on the temporary lack of enjoyment I'm experiencing.

Have any techniques I can use?  Let me know below.

20. My verse for this year is Psalm 143:10 which says:


I am genuinely open to whatever the LORD has planned for me this year.  In past years I have tried to control so much of my future that I don't think I've been fully listening to the LORD.  This year I want to know that each of my steps are part of His plan for me, and for Ryan.

At our wedding we read Ruth 1:16.

This year I want to live it.  Where Ryan goes, I will go.  Where the LORD calls us, I will go.  His people are our people.  I can't wait to see what this year brings!

What's your verse this year?  What are you excited to see, do, experience, live?

Have a wonderful Thursday night!  Ryan and I are off to enjoy this delicious meal.  Hope it's as good as the picture looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...