{Goals are Good}

Oops I did it again. I played with your heart. Got lost in the game.


Yeah, I'm sorry y'all.  Yesterday was so unbelievably busy.  I even had to move my workouts around to other days this week in order to get them in.  It was a good busy that started with breakfast with my Dad and seester before she headed back to escuela, celebrated birthdays at the office during lunch, and ended with serving another night at Scottish Rite hanging out with awesome kiddos.

[Sidenote: Not sure if I've blogged about my first night volunteering there where I got to make the famous Scottish Rite hospital popcorn or not, but that was my first experience during their Christmas Tree Lighting.  I hadn't been able to make it back since then due to our holidays landing on primarily Wednesdays this year and since that's my volunteering day yesterday was my second time to volunteer and first night of a normal schedule!  I am in love.  It doesn't get much better than hanging out with kiddos, getting to know them, hearing their stories, and laughter.  Lots of laughter.  It warms my soul.  Ahhhh.]

Since I'm obviously doing double duty today with my blogging challenege let's begin.  Yesterday I was supposed to write about my 5 current goals.  If you've been tracking with me for a while now I think you know my big goal, but let's have a go anyway.

1) Train for and compete in, and COMPLETE the Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 on April 6th.
2) Read the whole Bible this year.  I'm currently following St. Andrew's United Methodist Church's guide for reading the Bible in a year and haven't missed yet.  Woot!
3) Be slower to speak and quicker to listen.
4) Love my husband well and be respectful in my words and deeds.
5) Pray more.

I don't really feel like these need a ton of explanation and I talk about most of these things on a regular basis, so I'll only hit on one.  Pray more.  I've made this a current goal because I want to lift up my concerns and joys to the LORD in the morning.  I read in my study Bible one morning that there is so much scripture about going away and being with the LORD in the morning because your mind is fresh, you haven't had the distractions of the world weigh you down yet, and you're mind is less likely to have gotten overly concerned about the happenings of the day yet.

I have also been writing down my prayer requests, my promises I've made to people when they've asked me to pray for them, and it's really helping.  I like going through the list and naming everything on it as opposed to just summing everything up all together.  Try it. :)

Today's challenge is regarindg what's currently in my bag!

In my wonderful crossbody coach purse I'm carrying the following:
- Coach wallet/clutch
- Scull and crossbones coin perse
- 2 pens
- EOS Lipbalm in Honeysuckle Honeydew
- My personalized Maybook - best planner ever!
- Several random receipts
- Triathlon training note for the day
- Orbit Wintermint Gum - best flavor ever
- iPhone 5s
- all the usuals girls carry around

&&& that's about it!

Tomorrow is Friday.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...