{Don't Quote Me On That}

Woohoo!!!  I've blogged the first three whole days of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge.  It's nice having preconceived topics to write about it. :)  30 Day Blogging Challenge, I like you.


Indecisiveness strikes again and I cannot pick just one quote.  I picked two, forgive me.  They're goodies though, I promise.


I love this quote.  It hits the heart of commitment, of being united that matter, that the Bible talks about.  Too many people get divorced and call it quits when their kids are grown, or their common interests aren't so common anymore, or when they fall out of love, or because they haven't invested in one another along the way.

I'm sorry, but falling out of love is a huge cop out.  When I hear that, all I want to do is rip my hair out.  By saying you're just not in love anymore translates to me, it's too hard, I'm not willing to put in the work, and I'm going to put God in a box because I don't believe He, or anyone else, can make me feel the love I had for my husband ever again.  I'd rather start over and over and over and over and over.


"I have found the one whom my soul loves." - Song of Solomon 3:4  It's deeper than surface level, fairy tale love.  He doesn't need to be my perfect Prince Charming, sweeping me off my feet daily, for me to love him.  Our roots are entwined, and they will continue to become more tangled together as we grow as one flesh.


"Do not expect perfection from each other, perfection belongs solely to God.  You need not minimize each other's weaknesses, but always be swift to praise and magnify each other's points of strength and see each other through kind and patient eyes."

This quote was read at our wedding.  It and the one above can kind of piggyback off one another.  I found it through a girl I worked with at Kanakuk who had had it read at her wedding.  I immediately fell in love with the quote.  What sweet words, what true words.  What great truth I need to be reminded of every day.  I love you Ry.  I am proud of the man you are, the man you've always been, and the man you will become.

So, those are my favorite quotes!!  I hope you enjoyed!  It's Friday y'all - thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...