{Don't Close Your Eyes, Don't Be Afraid}

Ahh, another season of The Bachelor is underway!  I can't wait to read Lincee Ray's blog at I Hate Green Beans for her hilarious recap tomorrow!  Y'all should check her out. :)

Today's post is on what I'm afraid of... which is pretty typical girl fears like snakes, the dark, getting attacked, spiders, basically anything creepy crawly, having someone jump out and scare me, being grabbed by my feet from under the bed (yes, totally reasonable right?), having one of my puppies get hurt or taken from me, having Ryan get hurt or taken from me, and having anything bad happen to my family.


Unfortunately, I don't really have a whole lot else to say on the topic though, so I thought I'd update y'all a little on my triathlon training!  After Christmas break I dragged my feet a bit and found it a little harder to get motivated despite all the productivity I had experienced before Christmas.  I've found that if I don't start my day being super productive, it's a lot harder for me to get going and be overly productive.

Last week was pretty good on the workouts, but I have yet to complete 2 weeks in a row of making all my scheduled workouts.  I've really got to get better about that!!  I have told myself now, with 89 days left, there's really not time to skimp.  I know there are days ahead where I could get sick, where something comes between me and my workouts, and I'll have to work hard to be diligent in getting my workouts in even when I'd rather go to lunch with friends or do something fun.  I want to be as prepared as I possibly can for this race and finish with my hands held high above my head because I finished and don't feel completely worn out.

This weekend was so windy and cold that it was hard to be motivated to get out there and get my workouts done.  I took my hour and a half run to the treadmill dreadmill despite the fact that I'd rather do anything but run on the treadmill especially for long miles.  But it was cold, and I'm a wuss.  I am proud I got the miles in, but I hope to only have a few more of my long runs there.

This week is recovery week, and I enjoyed an easy 30 minute run on the treadmill today.  It's 18 degrees outside here in the Lone Star State, and I wasn't about to run my happy little 30 minutes outside.  No ma'am.  Not today.  I'm looking forward to a week of easy workouts, rest, and renewed zeal for training.  Don't interpret that as I am tired of training, because that would absolutely not be true.  This is the most fun I've had training for something in a long time.  I'm tired, but I'm also pushing myself hard, and liking what I'm accomplishing, and I think that's something to be proud of!

Sorry this wasn't exactly a post about what I'm afraid of.  I guess I'll end with this.  I'm afraid I won't finish my Half Ironman.


Through prayer, diligence to my training, preparedness, and faith in myself I know that fear won't become a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...