{The Dog Who Ate Everything}

This dog...



...yes, this one in the adorable Christmas sweater.  What on earth are we going to do with you Oakley Mae?

Oakley Mae, also known as Goose, should now also be known as "The Dog Who Ate Everything", because it's pretty true (with the exception of shoes which I'm fairly certain she'd gnaw on if they were around long enough and she was bored enough).

Last night I was making Rolo Pretzel Delights for my coworkers.  If you're looking for something delicious and easy to make for little gifts this holiday season, or just to munch on, these are awesome.  The only tedious part is unwrapping all the rolos.  I tried to find the mini unwrapped ones, but my grocery store was out.  I highly recommend this treat.  It was a huge success at the office!


Anyway, as my first batch was in the oven, I decided to try to beat the 3 minute cook time and unwrap the last 20 rolos to use for the next batch.  Obviously my athletic stud gene, haha kidding, kicked in and I unwrapped the remaining candies.  After adding pecans to each treat and ate a pecan and, I'm embarrassed to admit this, started coughing on little pecan pieces.  I'm not sure what happened, but I felt like I had lots of little pieces left over.  I went outside to cough and then decided to throw the ball with Jetta Belle for a while.

When I returned, all 20 of my rolos were gone.  I shamefully accused my husband of eating them, as he had been snooping around and had munched on a few earlier.  Ryan asked me what the heck I was talking about and then it dawned on me.  Oakley Mae had been left unattended in the kitchen to counter surf to her heart's desire.  What a fool I was thinking Ryan would eat all 20!

This is not the first time homegirl has done something like this either!

Flashback to the Baylor vs Texas game during icepocalypse 2013.  We barricaded the border collies in the kitchen since it was 20 something degrees outside, and it was too long a time to keep them cooped up in the crate together.  With Oakley Mae nearing 50 lbs and Jetta Belle at a hearty 39 lbs, 89 lbs of dog was not intended to fit in our crate, crate mansion though it may be.

Well, Ryan had engineered some ridiculous form of awesome to keep the girls in the kitchen, but somehow Oakley STILL ninja-ed her way out of the blocked area and into the remainder of the house. During that time she ate half a container of fudge, a 3/4 of the way full bag of Hersey's kisses with caramel AND all the foil that was wrapped on each individual kiss, a bag of Big League Chew bubble gum, and a 1/4 of a glass of white wine from the night before.

I'm sure you're thinking, as we were, did she not get unbelievably sick?  That would be a negative.  Homegirl didn't even act like it affected her.  Not one bit.  Not one spot of puppy hurl.  She likely pooed foil for the next day or so, but I didn't exactly want to troll around the yard looking for it.

Gosh this dog keeps me entertained.

All of her negative, bad girl qualities become gems when she snuggles with me, or does something so unbelievably cute that my heart melts.  For example, every time I get in the shower Oakley barges in a door, noses her way into the corner of the shower, says hello, licks the tub for a moment, then cozies down on the floor, in between the shower liner and the shower curtain, with her head resting on the tub so she can see me if she needs me, or Lord forbid, I need her.  I'll admit, the staring at me while I take a shower thing is a little weird, but it's an endearing sort of weird don't you think? :)

To top the evening off, Oakley crawled onto my spot in our bed, ON TOP of my pillow.  It's a good thing she's cute.

"Maybe if I don't look at her she won't make me move."

"This pillow?  Oh you must be mistaken.  This is clearly my pillow."

Other gems:
While I was crafting Christmas gifts, Jetta Belle was giving me lots of smooches.  Here's on mid lick.  Never thought I would say this, but I love puppy kisses.

My Jetta Belle all cozy in her Christmas sweater.  She's such a beauty.

What are your funny #puppyproblems?  Would love to know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...