{Celebrating Adair}

Sorry I haven't blogged as of late.  I have been fighting the same cold I was fighting in my last two posts.  I have read my fair share of articles about sinus allergies, sinus infections, the common cold and how to treat them, and I have decided to wait it out.   That's right, I decided to stick it to the man, whoever he may be, and wait out this nagging sinus nuisance, let it run it's course naturally, and avoid antibiotics.  I am not going totally hippie on y'all and telling you I'm brewing my own home remedies, though I have had a warm glass of water and honey each morning, but I just didn't want to use antibiotics this time.  They can cause all sorts of problems, and with the anniversary quickly approaching, there's one problem I can think of particularly that I wanted to avoid being an issue. ;)

Luckily, my sweet husband has been patient as I cough promptly every 30 sections.  I've been waking up in the middle of the night pretty consistently as a result of the coughing, and I'll make my way to the couch.  I know some of you are thinking, "What the heck?!  Her husband should go sleep on the couch.  She's not feeling good.  She needs good rest."  Thank you, thank you for your being so supportive of my needs, but I actually have chosen to  making this nightly trip to the couch for 1 of 2 reasons.

First and foremost, while we both need a good night sleep there is no sense in both of us not getting one.  I can sleep just about anywhere thanks to the good ole' days of floor pallets, and figure if I'm going to keep coughing up a storm I don't want to wake Ry up in the process either frustrating him and/or ruining his consecutive hours of sleep.  Not sure why, but it always makes me feel good to think that I'm doing something kind by not waking him up.  Lately, he's said numerous times, "Why do you keep leaving in the middle of the night?  I don't like it.  You're my wife."  I explained my reasoning, but he still didn't care for it.  What a cutie.  Secondly, the couch has actually proved to be a source of aid in helping me sleep.  Propping my head up a bit more has helped me sleep through the annoying cold.

So basically, I've been doing a little of this and a lot of coughing.  #lame

So, that's where I've been lately.  In trying to finish up the 25 Ways to Communicate Respect to Your Husband post, and wanting to post about the delicious Homemade Chicken and Dumpling Recipe I made, I haven't even gotten to post about my sweet bestie Adair's Dallas Bachelorette Extravaganza!


While I'm certain this has quickly become the picture people instantly see when they hear "Bachelorette Party" or "Bridesmaid", like the movie the weekend was pretty epic, especially because the besties were reunited!  #MAPTinaction <-- is this catching on yet?  Maybe it's like fetch...


I had been looking forward to this weekend for such a long time, and while I won't go into the details, words cannot describe how much these girls mean to me and what a blast I have with them.  It was also a wonderful blessing to catch up with so many Baylor friends and Chi Omega sisters!  Adair's lingerie shower consisted of so many great girls that I have nothing but glowing things to say about.  Baylor girls pretty much rock. ;)  So, instead of going over every gruesome detail, how about a few words, or 50, about the epic weekend fun...

Paige.  Megan.  Running late.  House tour.  Nothpark.  Shopping.  Giggling like school girls.  Raunchy.  Le Duni.  Sangria.  Forgotten party needs.  Airport.  No nonsense Love Field cop.  Adair searching.  Adair finding. Shouting.  Cheering.  Happy dancing.  Losing voice.  Zaza.  Macho Man.  Room for 5.  Party of 7.  Hungry bride.  Sfuzzi.  2 am pizza and drinks.  Back to Naborshood.  Zzzzz.  Alarm.  Snooze.  COFFEE.  Prettifying.  Carpool.  Bridesmaids.  Mecca brunch.  Giant cinnamon rolls.  More coffee.  Baylor - Sic'Em.  Lost voice.  Cake.  Trailer Cakes.  Liquor Store.  Lingerie shower.  Bow Chicka Wow Wow.  Menu Creation.  Champagne and lemonade.  Talking, talking, talking.  Inflating.  Memories.  Laughing.  Phone call with Mama Freeman.  Doddling.  Showers.  Awesome hairdryer.  Hawaiian Nail Bar.  Pushy Asian ladies.  "Get gel."  Piña coladas.  Margaritas.  Strawberry Daiquiris.  Beautiful nail.  Zaza.  Girls in black dresses.  Paige's 6 inch heels.  Tiara.  Veil.  Sash.  Dragonfly.  Restaurant week debacle.  Yum.  Ab cake.  Shocked Adair.  Fire.  Sparklers.  Delicious.  Pregame.  Uptown.  Heels ouch.  Black Friar.  Hairy man.  Dip shot.  Pick up Adair 1.  Booth.  Crazy dancing couple.  Shots!  The Den.  Dance.  Dance.  Dance.  Dance.  Pick up Adair 2, 3, 4, 5.  Shots.  Shots.  Shots.  Adelaide leaves for Zaza.  Dance.  Dance.  Glow necklaces.  Neon.  Michelob Ultra.  Malibu and Sprite.  Bathroom attendant.  "Dang girl, you gorgeous!"  Green Grocery man.  Shots.  Old friends.  Discovery Adelaide missing.  Texting.  Located.  Idle Rich Pub.  Shots.  Free Cider.  High school friend.  Attempt to set friend up with Paige.  Fail.  Too short.  Pictures.  Business card.  "We're closing, ladies."  Zaza with extra person.  Deflating.  Laughing.  Giggling.  Secrets.  Fess.  Popcorn.  No voice.  Nighty night. Blackout curtains.  Snoozefest.  10 am wakeup call.  Room cleanup.  Tiiiiired.  Original House of Pancakes.  COFFEE.  Girl talk.  Pecan pancakes.  Crepes.  Tight hugs.  Mentions of 4 weeks.  Joy.  Love.  Departure.  Lost credit card.  Canceled credit card.  Naborshood.  Husband.  Border collie introduction.  Bye.  BEST. WEEKEND. FA. SHO.

A Couple Photos:

Giant cinnamon roll at The Mecca
Mecca cinnamon roll - gigantic!
Lingerie Shower
Ab Cake
Sparklers!
Ridiculousness
Love
My girls!  BESTIES <3
I can't wait to celebrate with Adair and these girls more in just 2 short weeks!  Time has certainly flown.  Adair and Justin, Ryan and I wish you a lifetime of happiness, adventure, and seeking the LORD together.  We cannot wait to watch you grow and partner alongside you in your marriage.  We love you both, and are so thankful for you.  Adair, I love you so much.  Thank you for your constant friendship, your patience and kindness, and for being the most thoughtful person I have ever met.  You are a gem, and one of a kind!  2 weeks y'all!  

NASHVILLE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...